About this Report
The Roy Morgan New Zealand State of the Nation Report provides a ten-year perspective on New Zealand Society based on around 120,000 interviews conducted over the decade between January 2001 and March 2012. A decade ago, Roy Morgan Research, and many others, anticipated that people in the developed world would face an increasingly complex social environment that would change both the level of demand for its products and services, and the climate of support for those products and services. In this Roy Morgan State of the Nation Report, we have measured all of these issues and more - plotted them over time - and explored in more detail how they have played out, in terms of Society, Technology, Economy, Politics, and Environment.
The topics covered in this report include:
- SOCIETY: Ageing Population; Rising Education Level; Household Size Decreasing; Home Ownership Increasing; Increasing Population Diversity; Migration to Australia; Changes in Cuisine Preferences; Maori Culture; New Zealand Becoming Less Attracted to New Things and Ideas; Concern with Safety and Security; Food and Health Issues; Changing Leisure Activities.
- TECHNOLOGY: Telecommunications Revolution; Rapid adoption of technological products; Internet Growth Changes Media Consumption; Technology Changes Banking Customer Interaction; Shopping on the Internet Increases.
- ECONOMY: Increase in Unemployment; Decrease in Employment; Recovery in Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence; Good Time to Buy Major Household Items Drives Confidence; Confidence Impacts on Economic Activities; Housing Interest Rates; Reduction in Mortgage Holders “At Risk”; Petrol Price; Exchange Rates; Share Market; Household Wealth and Debt; Attitudes towards economy and Finance.
- POLITICS: Recent History; Attitudes towards the Government.
- ENVIRONMENT: Environment as an Issue has come of age; Taking action is the next step.
Benefits of this Report
Access to this report will provide an understanding into the trends and issues facing New Zealanders today. This report provides accurate and relevant information on the State of the Nation in terms of Society, Technology, Economy, Politics, and Environment.
With access to these insights and trends, this report will equip you with all the necessary quantitative trend data for your market review, strategic marketing planning, advertising brief development, management update presentation or conference address.
Additional Information & Insights
The insights are drawn from Roy Morgan Single Source, an ongoing survey of approximately 12,000 New Zealanders annually. This report is updated quarterly and is presented in the format of trended charts and data tables.