This report provides an in-depth look into Australians’ media consumption, which is changing across TV, radio, newspaper, magazines and the internet. Technology adoption has disrupted and fragmented the media world. The commercial models for media advertising and entertainment are in a state of flux.
The 21st State of the Nation with a focus on media reviews the media landscape: how it has evolved from the 1990s to today, where it’s headed, and where the future potential lies. Unveiling new research on streaming, video on demand, apps and mobile devices, we will zoom in on the rapid rise of digital platforms and big data over the last five years, and assess the opportunities and threats for media owners, planning and buying agencies, brands and the broader industry. Will the rise of digital continue inexorably? What will be the future of TV, in all its forms, as we know it for consumers, brands and agencies?
About this Report
Based on over 900,000 interviews with Australians, this report gives you an unparalleled perspective on how trends have changed over the last seventeen years among the Australian population and how people feel now.
The topics covered in this report include:
- SOCIETY: Ageing population; Rising education level; Household size; Home ownership decreasing; Increasing population diversity; Australians becoming more progressive; Less concern with safety and security; Food and health; Changing leisure activities.
- TECHNOLOGY: Telecommunication revolution; Rapid adoption of technological products; Internet growth changing media consumption; Shopping online; Banking online.
- ECONOMY: Unemployment; Under-employment; Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence and Business Confidence; Business outlook and opinion; Housing interest rates; Term deposit rates; Petrol prices; Exchange rates; Share market; Total Superannuation assets; Attitudes towards the economy, finance and the government.
- POLITICS: Voting intentions.
- ENVIRONMENT: Environment an important issue; Taking action is the next step.
Benefits of this Report
Access to this report will provide you with the most up-to-date understanding of the trends and issues that face Australians today. Armed with these detailed insights, Australians and businesses in Australia will be better placed to rise to challenges created by the changing political climate in the nation. It will also give great insight to those campaigning for various issues and policies to refine their approaches and sharpen their strategies.
With access to these insights and trends, this report will equip you with all the necessary quantitative trend data for your market review, strategic marketing planning, advertising brief development, management update presentation or conference address.
Additional Information & Insights
The insights are drawn from Roy Morgan Single Source, an ongoing face-to-face survey of approximately 50,000 Australians annually. This report is updated quarterly and is presented in the format of trended charts and data tables.