Report No.19 turns the spotlight on Australians’ health, which is particularly timely in view of the latest Federal Budget promising an increase to the retirement age, changes to the unemployment benefits, an end to free doctor visits and changes to Medicare.
In conjunction with Alere, Roy Morgan Research developed the Alere Wellness Index, which tracks Australians’ health across seven metrics: nutrition, exercise and fitness, BMI, alcohol consumption, smoking rates, medical issues and mental health.
This Spotlight reveals how Australians fare across these categories, and examines some unexpected impacts of age, socio-economic status, geography, employment and attitude on aspects of wellbeing.
The questions raised and explored in this Spotlight will give policy-makers, health organisations, insurers, pharmaceutical companies and medical practitioners insight into the real-world balancing act that constitutes today’s healthy lifestyle - and which Australians are falling behind.
About this Report
Based on over 900,000 interviews with Australians, this report gives you an unparalleled perspective on how trends have changed over the last fifteen years among the Australian population and how people feel now.
The topics covered in this report include:
- SOCIETY: Ageing population; Rising education level; Household size; Home ownership decreasing; Increasing population diversity; Australians becoming more progressive; Less concern with safety and security; Food and health; Changing leisure activities.
- TECHNOLOGY: Telecommunication revolution; Rapid adoption of technological products; Internet growth changing media consumption; Shopping online; Banking online.
- ECONOMY: Unemployment; Under-employment; Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence and Business Confidence; Business outlook and opinion; Housing interest rates; Term deposit rates; Petrol prices; Exchange rates; Share market; Total Superannuation assets; Attitudes towards the economy, finance and the government.
- POLITICS: Voting intentions.
- ENVIRONMENT: Environment an important issue; Taking action is the next step.
- SPOTLIGHT ON AUSTRALIANS’ HEALTH: Alere Wellness Index, tracking nutrition, exercise and fitness, BMI, alcohol consumption, smoking rates, medical issues and mental health, age, socio-economic status, geography, employment and attitude on aspects of wellbeing.
Benefits of this Report
Access to this report will provide you with the most up-to-date understanding of the trends and issues that face Australians today. Armed with these detailed insights, Australians and businesses in Australia will be better placed to rise to challenges created by the changing political climate in the nation. It will also give great insight to those campaigning for various issues and policies to refine their approaches and sharpen their strategies.
With access to these insights and trends, this report will equip you with all the necessary quantitative trend data for your market review, strategic marketing planning, advertising brief development, management update presentation or conference address.
Additional Information & Insights
The insights are drawn from Roy Morgan Single Source, an ongoing face-to-face survey of approximately 50,000 Australians annually. This report is updated quarterly and is presented in the format of trended charts and data tables.