About this Report
With only days until the Federal Election, this State of the Nation Report discusses the key issues that are consuming the Australian electorate.
Every election is won or lost in the marginals. This time will be no different.
Yet, as this report shows, the issues in Western Sydney marginal seats are vastly different to those in other states: and the issues business has with Government are different again. State of the Nation No.16 will cast a spotlight on Australian voting intention, government confidence and issues of most importance to voters.
Based on over 720,000 interviews with Australians, the report also gives you an unparalleled perspective on how trends have changed over the last fourteen years among the Australian population and how people feel now.
The topics covered in this report include:
- SOCIETY: Ageing population; Rising education level; Household size; Home ownership decreasing; Increasing population diversity; Australians becoming more progressive; Less concern with safety and security; Food and health; Changing leisure activities.
- TECHNOLOGY: Telecommunication revolution; Rapid adoption of technological products; Internet growth changing media consumption; Shopping online; Banking online.
- ECONOMY: Unemployment; Under-employment; Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence and Business Confidence; Business outlook and opinion; Housing interest rates; Term deposit rates; Petrol prices; Exchange rates; Share market; Total Superannuation assets; Attitudes towards the economy, finance and the government.
- POLITICS: Voting intentions.
- ENVIRONMENT: Environment an important issue; Taking action is the next step.
- SPOTLIGHT ON THE 2013 FEDERAL ELECTION: Long-term and short-term two party preferred voting intentions; key issues at the 2010 election; how those issues have changed for the 2013 federal election; key marginal seats; issues of most importance to each electorate; attitudes towards the government and Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence by electors.
Benefits of this Report
Access to this report will provide you with the most up-to-date understanding of the trends and issues that face Australians today. Armed with these detailed insights, Australians and businesses in Australia will be better placed to rise to challenges created by the changing political climate in the nation. It will also give great insight to those campaigning for various issues and policies to refine their approaches and sharpen their strategies.
With access to these insights and trends, this report will equip you with all the necessary quantitative trend data for your market review, strategic marketing planning, advertising brief development, management update presentation or conference address.
Additional Information & Insights
The insights are drawn from Roy Morgan Single Source, an ongoing face-to-face survey of over 50,000 Australians annually. This report is updated quarterly and is presented in the format of trended charts and data tables.